For a long time, I have wanted to add some flair to my Simply Beef Stew recipe, which we love. Who doesn't love one pot meals? You might say that this stew is a layer and layers of flavors all in one pot.
The stew begins with the beef coated with flour and seasonings. Then I add onions, fennel and carrot, then onto the butternut squash and potatoes, and ending with a slow simmer with a bay leaf and sprigs of thyme.
What else can I say, this Beef Stew with Butternut Squash and Fennel is a wonderful aromatic dish that can feed any one's love for comfort food! The recipe for those cute little biscuits is here!
Beef Stew with Butternut Squash and Fennel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 1/4-12 cup flour
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 1/2-2 cups chopped onions
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced thin
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 fresh thyme sprig(or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 cups homemade beef broth (or canned)
- 1 cup of wine