Creamy Fruit Salad has been a great hit at all our family gatherings for as long as I can remember. My Mother would serve it as a salad, but my husband always enjoyed it as a dessert.
He is such a fan of fruit and always puts his request in for me to make this. It was no different this Easter, and again my husband enjoyed it more as a dessert than a salad.
It has a lot of refreshing fruits combined with a creamy sauce that can be made with a regular pudding. Also, you can substitute sugar free pudding, either way it is a wholesome, healthy fruit salad or a dessert!
Creamy Fruit Salad
- 2 15 oz. cans Sliced Freestone Peaches, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (or canned pineapple chunks)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved or whole (or frozen strawberries)
- 2 11oz.cans Mandarin oranges
- 3 bananas, sliced thick
- 1 pkg. 4 servings instant vanilla pudding mix (I have made this with sugar free pudding mix)
In a medium bowl, add peach juice together to make 1 cup. Add juice mixture to vanilla pudding and mix until creamy and smooth (If mixture is lumpy, pour through and sieve and it will be fine.); set aside until thickened. Pour pudding mixture over fruit except bananas mixing well and chill. Before serving add bananas.
Cook's Note: The sauce maybe somewhat thin, kind of like a glaze. If you would like it thicker and creamier, mix less of the reserved juice into the pudding mix. You can add other fruits such as seedless grapes, kiwi, and apples, etc. if you prefer.
Join the fun here!