If I do not have them fresh, I for sure have them in my freezer. This time I used all fresh ingredients except the meatballs which I bought frozen from Sam's.
Fresh Vegetables And Meatballs With Pasta
- cooked pasta, serving for two
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 red, yellow, or green bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 10-12 frozen meatballs, heated to room temperature
- fresh basil for garnish
- Other fresh vegetable you can add are Yellow Squash, Zucchini, and Shredded Carrots.
Heat a medium skillet on high heat. As soon as the skillet is hot, but not smoking, add the oil and butter.
Once melted, add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Let the vegetables cook over high heat until they release their moisture and turn bright.
Add tomatoes and meatballs and toss all together from time to time mixing evenly. Add pasta and toss. Serve with fresh basil garnish.